Invite new members to your Slack team
- By default, Team Owners and Admins can invite new members to the team.
- Available to teams on the free and paid plans.
Send a new invitation
Invite new members to join your Slack team from the Invitations page.
- Click your team name to open the Team Menu.
- Select Invite people. Paid teams also have the option of inviting Multi-Channel or Single-Channel Guests.
- Enter the email address, first name, and last name of the person you'd like to invite.
- If you're sending more than one invitation, click Add another. You can also send invites in bulk by choosing Invite many people at once.
- Click edit/add to adjust the channels these invitees will automatically join the first time they open Slack.
- Click the Invite button to send.
- Swipe right to left to open the right sidebar.
- Tap Invite People.
- Enter the email addresses of the people you’d like to invite, then tap Send.
- Tap the overflow icon in the top right.
- Tap Invite members.
- Enter the email address of people you’d like to invite, then tap Send.
Note: Team Owners can allow non-admin members of their team to send invitations. This setting can be found on the Settings & Permissions page.
Paid teams have the option to invite new members as a Multi-Channel or Single-Channel Guest.
To invite a new member with guest access, use the Invite Multi-Channel Guests or Invite Single-Channel Guests options on the Invitations page and follow the Desktop steps above.
If you'd like to invite them to a new channel, be sure to create that channel before sending the invitation.
Manage your invitations
Pending and accepted invitations for your team can be viewed online from the Invitations page. You can also resend or revoke an invitation when you click the name of the team member you invited.
- Revoke Invitation will remove it from your list and prevent any delivered invitations from being used.
- Resend Invitation will deliver a fresh email invitation to the team member's inbox, in case it expired or was lost.
Allow email signup
If email signup is enabled for your team, new members will be able to create an account on their own. Team Owners can manage this option online under Team Signup Mode on the Team Settings page.
For security, only those with access to an email address at the domains specified by the team's Owner will be able to create an account. We'll send a validation link to each new team member's email address to verify their identity before they can create an account.
Slack may limit a team's ability to send more invitations if a large number has been sent but very few have been accepted.
If you're using Slack within a company setting and have reached a limit when inviting a large group of coworkers, please contact us.
If you're using Slack outside a company setting, you can avoid hitting the limit by only sending invitations to people who have asked to join your team.
Please do not revoke invitations in an attempt to lift the limit. Invitation limits are not affected by revoked invitations. They are based solely on the acceptance rate of invitations that have already been sent.