Slack for Nonprofits
The Slack for Nonprofits program offers eligible organizations a free upgrade to our Standard plan for workspaces of up to 250 members. For eligible workspaces above that size, we offer an 85% discount on the Standard plan.
Also, we offer an 85% discount on the Plus plan for eligible workspaces of any size. To learn more about the features available on the Standard and Plus plans, see our Pricing Guide.
The Slack for Nonprofits discount does not apply to the Enterprise Grid plan.
Note: We can only offer one Slack for Nonprofits workspace upgrade per organization.
We welcome Slack for Nonprofits applications from organizations that hold a valid charitable status with either the IRS (in the United States), a local tax service/charity commission, or a local TechSoup Global partner.
Additionally, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Is not a legislative or political activity organization
- Is not a church, association of churches, or other religious or evangelical organization
- Is not a school, college, or related organization*
- Is not a government office
- Is not an organization that attempts to influence public opinion
- Is not a hospital, organization involved with health insurance or group health plans, and related organizations
- Is not a private grant-making, independent, or operating foundation
- Does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, political affiliation or beliefs, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression
- Does not promote a particular religious affiliation, dogma, or doctrine as part of its mission or in exchange for its services (being affiliated with a religious organization is not in itself disqualifying)
*Educational organizations may be eligible for our Slack for Education program.
How to apply
Workspace Owners can submit an application directly from the workspace you want to be on the Standard or Plus plan. If your organization is not already using Slack, take a moment to create a workspace.
When you’re ready, fill out the Slack for Nonprofits application form. You'll be asked to provide your organization's legal name, location, website, and a brief description of what your organization is all about.
The review process
Slack is partnered with TechSoup, a service that helps us review and validate nonprofit and charity status so we can provide free upgrades to eligible workspaces.
If you're not approved, you’re welcome to apply in the future if the charitable status of your organization changes. In the meantime, you’re welcome to continue using Slack on the Free plan for as long as you’d like.
Everyone can use Slack but not every organization may meet our eligibility requirements to qualify for this program. Slack sets these guidelines and determines an organization’s qualification at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend our eligibility guidelines at any time.
If you have been approved for the Slack for Nonprofits program, workspaces that were previously on the Free plan will be upgraded to the Standard plan within three days of receiving confirmation.
If your workspace is currently on a paid plan, it will be switched to the complimentary Standard plan within three days of receiving confirmation.
Note: We do not offer refunds for subscription fees paid prior to being approved for the Slack for Nonprofits program.