Slack for Windows Phone (beta)
Slack for Windows Phone puts team communication in your pocket. Keep up with your channels and direct messages, and receive push notifications for the messages you need to see right away.
Caution: Please keep in mind that the app is in beta. We’re still busy adding features and ironing out potential issues.
Download and install Slack
Slack for Windows Phone supports Windows Phone 8.1. The intrepid are welcome to try it with pre-release versions of Windows 10 Mobile.
- Find Slack in the Windows Store using your Windows Phone.
- Tap the install button.
- To launch Slack, go to All apps and search for Slack (Beta).
Tips and tricks
Switch channels in an instant
Jump to the channel list by tapping the Channel Menu at top left. Here, you can browse all the channels on your team. Simply tap a channel to open it.
Refine your push notification settings
Choose which push notifications you’d like to receive by tapping the overflow menu at top right. Select Settings, then open the drop-down menu below Push Notifications to review the options.
You can find notes on the current release as well as known issues and upcoming features directly in the Windows Phone app:
- Tap the overflow menu at top right.
- Select Settings.
- Tap the About tab.
- Under Release Notes, select Read what’s new.
Having trouble? Try restarting the app:
- Tap the back button in Slack to close the app.
- Force quit by long-pressing the back button, then tapping the close button by the Slack preview.
Need help? Drop us a line with the details. We'll be happy to help you troubleshoot!