Customize your team's profiles
Who can use this feature?
- Team Owners and Admins can access this feature.
- Available to teams on the Standard and Plus plans.
Slack profiles make working together easier: team members can share helpful details at a glance, like their time zone or their job title.
With custom profiles, teams can create new profile fields for any purpose. Now you can share even more details: location, start date, social profiles, and more. It's fully customizable!
Add custom profile fields
- Click your team name to open the Team Menu.
- Select Customize Slack.
- On the Customize page, select the Profile tab.
- Click Edit your team’s profile fields. This will open the Custom profile fields page.
- To add a new field, click Create a custom field.
- Choose which type of field to create.
- Customize your field to include a Label and a Hint, and any further options for the field type.
- When you’re finished, click Create.
Here’s an overview of the kinds of fields you can add to your team’s profiles:
- Text will create an open text field for team members to fill out.
- List of options will show a drop-down menu of the options you include.
- Link gives team members the option to add a URL, like for a social profile.
- Date can be used to show things like start dates and birthdays.
- Person provides a list of team members, including Slackbot.
Once created, custom fields are instantly available to your team, but do not appear in profiles until team members fill them out.
Rearrange or remove profile fields
On the Custom profile fields page, you can easily edit or change the order your team’s profile options.
- Click to disable or delete a custom field.
- Click and drag a field to change the order in which it appears.