Sign in to Slack
When you create a Slack account on any team you join, we’ll sign you in for the first time automatically.
Sign in on all devices
- Open the Slack app, or visit slack.com/signin if you’re signing in on the web.
- Enter your team domain, and click Continue. Not sure about your team’s Slack URL? See the Troubleshooting section below.
- Enter your email address and password. Be sure to enter the email address you used to sign up. Slack can email you a magic sign-in link ✨ to make signing in easy.
- Click Sign in.
Tip: Member of multiple Slack teams? You can stay signed in to more than one team on any platform. See Joining multiple Slack teams for more!
If you’re having trouble getting signed in to Slack, double-check that you’ve accepted your email invitation, and that you’re using the correct URL for your team.
Activate your account
To create your account and sign in to a team, you’ll first need to activate your account by accepting the email invitation. For step-by-step help, see Join a Slack team.
Check your team domain
If your email address can’t be found, it's possible you're trying to sign in to a different team. The best way to identify your team is by checking the team domain: yourteam.slack.com.
- Head over to slack.com/signin/find.
- Enter your email address.
- Check your inbox for an email with your team's information, including the domain you can use to sign in.
While many teams can have the same name, the domain is your team’s unique Slack URL, and may be different from your team’s name.
Once you’re sure about the domain, just follow the sign-in instructions above using your team’s address.