Change your username
Changing your Slack username is easy. Here’s how:
- Click your team name to open the Team Menu.
- Select Profile & account. This will open your profile on the right side of your screen.
- Under your name, click the More actions arrow and select Open account Settings to launch your team site.
- By Username, click expand.
- Replace your username with a new one, and click the Save button.
That’s it! You're all set.
- Open your mobile web browser and go to: my.slack.com/account/settings
- By Username, tap expand.
- Replace your username with a new one, and tap the Save button.
And that's done!
Note: Usernames can be up to 21 characters long. They can contain lowercase letters a to z (without accents), numbers 0 to 9, hyphens, periods, and underscores.