Change your time zone
Off globetrotting? When you get where you’re going, you can update your local time zone in Slack. Here's how:
- Click your team name to open the Team Menu.
- Select Profile & account. This will open your profile in the Directory pane.
- Click Edit profile.
- Choose your current Time Zone.
- Click Save Changes.
- Launch a web browser, and go to the Account page at my.slack.com/account. You may need to sign in.
- Under Time Zone, tap expand.
- Select the correct time zone from the list and tap Save Time Zone.
Tip: Updating your time zone will make sure that messages, whoever they're from, are stamped with your local time. And it means reminders and Do Not Disturb hours happen when they should.